Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yummy Treats....


With the fall weather closing in and the hustle and bustle of the holidays approaching, I thought I'd share a couple of easy recipes for you to make and enjoy.....

COCONUT PIE
2 Cups Milk
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Bisquick Mix
4 Eggs
1/4 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Coconut + some for topping
Pour into blender and blend for 3 minutes. Pour into a 9" greased (spray pam) pie dish and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Coconut and bake @ 350 for 4o minutes, or until firm and lightly brown.
ALMOND TEA
2 Cups Diet Ginger Ale, Chilled
2 Cups Cold Water
1/4 Cup Sugar Free Instant Lemon Iced Tea Mix
1/2 Tsp. Almond Extract
1/4 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
Mix all ingredients together and serve chilled.
Enjoy these recipes.....there will be more to follow!
I love simple yummy recipes especially in this fast paced life style we all seem to be plunged into these days!

2 comments:

jan said...

How the heck do you find time to cook? Recipes look good enough to eat. yumyum :-)

Reflections of life and art said...

Jan, I cook all the time now that I'm home....I cook dinners for Bryan and freeze them so he has something to take to work. I bake too and freeze them also...nice to have on hand.