Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Twenty-third Channel.....

Last night was our woman's last night of bible study until after the holidays and we finished up our book by Elizabeth George called, "Powerful Promises for Every Woman".....it's all based on Psalms 23....one of my favorite Psalms.
Well, I thought I'd share a little snippet from the last chapter called...
The Twenty-third Chaannel
The TV is my shepherd. My spiritual growth shall want. It maketh me to sit down and do nothing for its name's sake, because it requireth all my spare time. It keepeth me from doing my duty as a Christina, because it presenteth so many good shows that I must see.
It resoreth my knowledge of the things of the world, and keepeth me from the study of God's Word. It leadeth me in the paths of failing to attend the evening church services, and doing nothing in the kingdom of God.
Yea, though I live to be a hundred, I shall keep viewing my TV as long as it will work, for it is my closest companion.
Its sounds and pictures, they comfort me.
It presenteth entertainment before me and keepeth me from doing important things with my family. It fills my head with ideas which differ from those in the Word of God.
Surely, no good thing will come out of my life because of so many wasted hours, and I shall dwell in my regrets and remorse forever.
As if that wasn't enough she goes on to really make you think what is in your heart........to think about your conversation next time you are chatting with friends or family....what exactly are you expressing from your heart!
This is a very powerful book, one that is close to my heart!!

5 comments:

morningDove said...

how true about the tv being a time waster. when i don't turn it on in the morning to watch 700 club it stays off all day. that's a good thing. thanks for sharing the little poem.

jan said...

I hate the TV it is so depressing and stops conversation stone dead.
Are you OK me dear, havent heard from you for ages.

jan said...

It is Christmas Day here, 00:25 in the morning, so Happy Christmas to you.
I know what you are doing today and I applaud you for it.
Enjoy your day, celebrate how you may, know you are loved across the miles.
lol jan. xxxx
I miss you.
:-(

jan said...

Where are you? It is now NEW YEAR....Happy New Year my lost friend. Come back to us, we miss you. I do hope you are not ill or anything nasty. If I don't hear by end of next week I will snail mail you.I am one worried person here.

jan said...

YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED - you are now 'it'
I'll find you one way or another....where are you?