Friday, May 1, 2009

She recieved it now I can post it......

My internet was been down for a couple of days and yesterday was the first time I could get on to post, answer emails, blog surf.....you get my drift.
Anyways, I've been waiting for my dear friend Janet to received her looooongggg awaited package from me and post the journal I made her. We decided to do a journal swap between each other last year.....I know, I know....it's about time.....anyways, here's the journal I made for her......

I did this all on my own....no pattern to follow, just looked at samples of other journals I have seen and made it up myself. It's my first one but I don't think it will be my last....I really like the way this turned out....don't ask me why it took so long....I get intimidated when I make something for someone else....afraid they won't like it, it has to be perfect.....I'm sure some of you can relate!!!!!
Here's the inside....it has a pocket on the left side for a couple of pens, ruler or a smaller sticky note pad. The writing pad can be swithched out when it's used up....I did send Janet an extra one just in case she can't find these size pads there in England......lol!
I put a velcro strap for closure, glued a charm on it that says "Gad About" and did a little beading on there too....of course...hee hee!
Janet, I hope you put it to good use!!!
Now that I know what I'm doing, I may gave to make a couple more, one for myself and one for my mother-in-law....I think she would like that!



3 comments:

jan said...

Yep I really will make very god use of this and oh how mortified I am, I had forgotten we said we would do this swap. I havent done yours yet. ARGH!!! Gone deep deep red at the thought. Shame on me. I will have to make you an extra special special one now wont I. Yours in just brilliant, just as I expected, I hope when you get mine you will be kind about it. please....lol Jan xxx the vbg who forgets things

jan said...

Oh yes, you will have to go to my Blog now to see what I have done. hahahahaha

Reflections of life and art said...

I'm so glad you like the journal...now on to making another one for me..hopefully it won't take me months to make...lol!